Directly accountable to Manager, Software Development for carrying out all responsibilities as assigned. At this level, developers are expected to grow in their technical proficiency and understanding of the problem domain to move to the next level.
Serves as the primary contact for:
• Application software development
• System Testing
• Recommend and implement cost saving initiatives for the organization
• Report on software development process and recommend enhancements to the process
• Works interactively with all staff
• Demonstrates leadership qualities to all levels of the organization
• Promotes an atmosphere of trust and respect
• Creates and promotes a corporate value system
• Provides feedback to development on each new software release
• Reviews software quality and its availability for client release
• Recommends changes in product requirements as necessary
• Delegates responsibility to staff as the organization grows
• Reports and escalates to management as needed
• Ensure code quality throughout the development cycle
• Assists in improving operational performance
• Eliminate duplication of effort
• Maintains a cloud based back up of all application source code
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
• Working knowledge of Agile and Waterfall methodologies
• Must be a full-stack developer and understand concepts of software engineering.
• Ability to develop unit tests of code components or complete applications.
• Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• A methodical approach to planning and organization
• Able to exercise independent judgment and act accordingly
• Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
• Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong logic and critical thinking ability; experience and creativity in troubleshooting data and software problems
• Ability to share knowledge and work in a strong team-oriented environment
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Smart Sheets
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Proven work experience as a Software Developer
• A minimum of 3-years’ experience developing software applications in an enterprise environment
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies
• Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework