Finance & Accounting
Univerus is a global enterprise software company providing solutions for Local Government, Utilities and many other public and private entities. We have offices in multiple countries and locations. As an Accounting Assistant, you will assist the accounting team in supporting our many business units. This is an excellent opportunity to join a global organization that is experiencing rapid growth and be part of their exciting journey.
Join our team of experts at Univerus as an Accounting Assistant and be key member of our accounting team. Based in Peterborough, this is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing international software organization. We believe that our employees are the key to our success, and we're looking for motivated and qualified individuals to join us on this exciting journey. If you're looking for a company that values your growth and development, Univerus is the place for you. With opportunities for learning and advancement, you'll have the chance to make a real impact on our customers and the future of our organization.
Univerus is an equal opportunity employer. Apply now and start your journey with us!
• Reconcile purchase orders with invoices and resolve discrepancies.
• Maintain accurate and organized records of all payable transactions.
• Prepare and perform check runs or electronic payments.
• Communicate with vendors regarding payment inquiries and discrepancies.
• Assist in month-end closing activities related to accounts payable.
• Collaborate with internal departments to obtain necessary approvals for payments.
• Generate and send out invoices to customers promptly.
• Follow up on overdue payments and communicate with clients regarding outstanding balances.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date customer records.
• Collaborate with sales and customer service teams to resolve billing discrepancies.
• Prepare and analyze reports on accounts receivable status.
• Assist in the development and implementation of accounts receivable policies and procedures.
• A college diploma or university degree in business finance/accounting
• 1+ years’ experience of accounts receivable, data entry, accounts payable, accounting, or related experience
• 1+ years’ experience of invoicing processes and ability to analyze complex invoicing information to accurately administer invoices to customers.
• Experience in working with Financial Accounting Systems
• Strong working knowledge of Excel - formulas, charts, and pivot tables, etc.
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal • Discretion with confidential information
Bonus points if you have any of the following:
• Experience with Xero or QuickBooks Online • Working towards an accounting designation • Customer service experience