Finance & Accounting
Univerus is an international software organization that operates in 4 countries. As our operations expand, we are looking for motivated and qualified people who want to work for a fast growing and exciting company. We are looking for an Intermediate Accountant to support our accounting functions with the Univerus organization and its affiliated business units.
Join our team of experts at Univerus as an Intermediate Accountant supporting our business units in their mission to deliver cutting-edge solutions to public and private sector industries worldwide. Based in Port Moody, BC, this is your opportunity to join a rapidly growing international software organization.
We believe that our employees are the key to our success, and we're looking for motivated and qualified individuals to join us on this exciting journey. If you're looking for a company that values your growth and development, Univerus is the place for you. With opportunities for learning and advancement, you'll have the chance to make a real impact on our customers and the future of our organization.
Univerus is an equal opportunity employer. Apply now and start your journey with us!
What you’ll do
- Perform day to day full-cycle accounting including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, bank/visa reconciliation, invoicing and wire/ACH/EFT payment.
- Assist in month end reporting including labour cost allocation report, business unit reports, intercompany reconciliations, and variance analysis.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements and reports.
- Support month-end and year-end close processes
- Reconcile accounts and prepare journal entries.
- Analyze financial data and assist in the preparation of financial forecasts
- Perform other accounting duties as required
- Reports to the Corporate Controller
- Supports the entire Univerus accounting functions
- Assist with standardized financial reporting and operating procedures for Business Units
- Identifies, monitors and reports on key financial operating metrics at the Business Unit and consolidated level
- Report on and recommend changes that impact the targets for growth, profitability and working capital
Skills and abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 2 years relevant accounting experience either in firm or industry
- Currently enrolled in the CPA PEP program
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and practices
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Experience with accounting software is an asset
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills