The DevOps Systems Administrator is a hands-on hybrid role that supports and provides solutions that contribute to the success of daily business operations.
Univerus is an international software organization providing mission critical solutions to its customers across many public and private sector industries. As our operations expand, we are looking for motivated and qualified people who want to work for a fast-growing, exciting company. Do you want to be part of a growing company that provides many paths of opportunity and learning? If so, Univerus is the company you have been looking for.
Univerus offers a generous vacation and personal leave program, comprehensive health benefits that start on day one, flexible work options and a great environment in which to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
Univerus is an equal opportunity employer.
Reporting to the DevOps Team Lead, you will have the opportunity to work hand in glove with the CTO, Directors of Software Development, and Product teams to support a growing product line by building a robust infrastructure, automation and CI / CD environment.
- Responsible for deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting DevOps platform including application servers, cloud resources, API management and Integration, Single Sign-On and associated hardware or endpoints, and databases
- Responsible for performing system maintenance, monitoring system activity, gather system statistics, and following up on reported errors and alarms
- Build and maintain servers in our Azure infrastructure, while Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of our server infrastructure. Provides support and maintenance for Linux and Windows servers running NGINX, MySQL, IIS, MS SQL Server
- Deploys application code and manages running instances of complex application environments end-to-end (complete ownership). Technical infrastructure liaison between application development/implementation team and CTO of the organization. Works collaboratively with the company’s IT team to ensure DevOps and CI/CD are executed effectively
- Analyzes performance trends across all systems for capacity planning and works with software engineering teams to mitigate performance issues. Recommend systems upgrades and hardening as appropriate
- Researches current hardware/software markets and recommends improvements and optimizations to existing systems
- Demonstrate excellent communications with stakeholders regarding delivery goals, objectives, deliverables, plans and status
- Collaborate with the CTO, while self-managing your time with limited supervision/guidance
- Ability to manage and maintain servers including provisioning, management, patching, backup, DR, and decommissioning
- Oversee and work with outside vendors and business units as needed
- Responsible to lead and participate in project activities such as planning, software rollouts, system upgrades and hardware replacement. Able to work under time constraints
- Responsible for providing after-hours support for production emergencies and escalating issues
- Establish DevOps Engineering and Development best practices. Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned
- Bachelor’ s degree or advanced degree in Computer Science, or related technical field of study
- 5+ years of experience working in Windows and Linux server environments with extensive knowledge of systems and application server maintenance.
- 3+ years of experience in administering and managing enterprise level applications as a DevOps engineer.
- Significant hands-on experience using automation, configuration management and orchestration software like Jenkins, Chef, PowerShell and/or Azure DevOps CI/CD pipeline,
- Experience with multiple cloud environments (AWS/Google/Azure)
- Linux Mastery - Must be as comfortable in Linux as their in own living room
- LAMP Stack Management - Configuration and management of Apache/PHP/MySQL on Azure. Experience with some or all: SQL Server Replication, ElasticSearch,Memcache, Nginx,
- Experience while working on Windows and Power BI servers.
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server automation with PowerShell
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows security and systems best practices
- Working knowledge of database management systems and connectivity with distributed applications
- Experience with SaaS based monitoring tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Azure Insights
- Experience with networking technologies including LAN, WLAN, VPN. Solid knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and related network services (i.e. DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts, Load balancing, Linux clustering, Security concepts (SSL/TLS, Firewall, proxy/reverse proxy setup)
- Solid knowledge of Active Directory concepts and administration
- Effective analytical, problem-solving, installation and maintenance skills
- Self-starter with dedication to quality and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Great time management and ability to multi-task